Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

April 8 - Inter County Foursomes
Kevin and James returned to a very cold Warkworth to take on defending champions, Hexham, in the quarter finals. After yet another hard fought and tight game, we unfortunately lost 2/1. Hexham beat Whitley Bay in the afternoon to reach the Northumberland finals where they play Newcastle United. We wish both Clubs good luck and hope one of them beats Durham in the Grand Final.

April 7 - North & South Trophy
Prudhoe's 'Magnificent 7' of James, Kevin, Shaun, Paul, Denny, Geoff and Jason braved some atrocious winter weather. James, as defending champion posted two very respectable 75's. The second round could have been lower but we believe someone stole his ball on the 18th. With no firm proof James had to take a 2 shot penalty. With 7 other rounds in the 70's from our players, our congratulations on scoring so well in the conditions. George Cowan shot 143 to win. For full results and other County news, see the NUGC web site at www.nugc.org.uk/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home