29 May - Club Mixed Foursomes Championship
A competition I've always enjoyed every year and been fortunate to win a few times, thanks to very good partners! As Margaret Kennington and me were defending champions, I thought it only right to do a little report this year. If my own golf had been anywhere near Margaret's immaculate play, we would have defended our title successfully. I did turn up eventually but, by then, the cause was lost. However, I did have the honour and pleasure of marking the winners' card. With much respect to the other competitors, I am so pleased that Lynetta and Malcolm won. They've been close on a few occassions and thoroughly deserved their win. The one memory that will stay with me is the sight of Lynetta clasping the trophy tightly as she went in for dinner. Here's the leading scores:
1. L. Walker & M. Ward 89 - 19 = 70
2. K. Lloyd & D. Lloyd 85 - 12 = 73
3. L. Wilson & E. Wilson 94 - 20.5 = 73.5
4. J. Tully & J. Mulholland 99 - 25 = 74
5. M. Kennington & R. Hannam 85 - 10 = 75
6. C. Grant & A. Grant 90 - 14.5 = 75.5
7. W. Oubridge & A. Lockey 92 - 14.5 = 77.5
8. I. Noble & J. Hope 97 - 19.5 = 77.5
9. C. Grant & J. Mott 106 - 28 = 78
10. A. Carlile & K. Struthers 104 - 26 = 78
A competition I've always enjoyed every year and been fortunate to win a few times, thanks to very good partners! As Margaret Kennington and me were defending champions, I thought it only right to do a little report this year. If my own golf had been anywhere near Margaret's immaculate play, we would have defended our title successfully. I did turn up eventually but, by then, the cause was lost. However, I did have the honour and pleasure of marking the winners' card. With much respect to the other competitors, I am so pleased that Lynetta and Malcolm won. They've been close on a few occassions and thoroughly deserved their win. The one memory that will stay with me is the sight of Lynetta clasping the trophy tightly as she went in for dinner. Here's the leading scores:
1. L. Walker & M. Ward 89 - 19 = 70
2. K. Lloyd & D. Lloyd 85 - 12 = 73
3. L. Wilson & E. Wilson 94 - 20.5 = 73.5
4. J. Tully & J. Mulholland 99 - 25 = 74
5. M. Kennington & R. Hannam 85 - 10 = 75
6. C. Grant & A. Grant 90 - 14.5 = 75.5
7. W. Oubridge & A. Lockey 92 - 14.5 = 77.5
8. I. Noble & J. Hope 97 - 19.5 = 77.5
9. C. Grant & J. Mott 106 - 28 = 78
10. A. Carlile & K. Struthers 104 - 26 = 78
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home