Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

County Strokeplay Championship - Morpeth - 27/28 May
We had 8 players entered in the field of over 80 competitors. With the cut coming at the top 24 and ties, we did well to have four players make it into the final two rounds. These were:
James Curry - 72 + 64
Shaun Philipson - 72 + 71
Danny Shevill - 72 + 73
Neil Graham - 72 + 76
Having led the qualifiers by one shot from Phil Waugh (Hexham), James went on to shoot 74 and 75 for a one over par total of 295 and finished 4th. Danny added rounds of 71 and 72 for 7th on 288, Shaun shot 78 and 71 for 10th on 292 and Neil added 75 and 72 for 16th on 295.
Well done to all four players and special congratulations to James for equalling Rick Lee's course record. Also to Danny Shevill in his first County competition representing Prudhoe and may find himself in the full County squad soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home