Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Garry Lathan Memorial Trophy
On Saturday 6 May this competition was staged for the first time and won by Colin Bell with 43 points. Joint second were Franky Bateman and Geoff Steel on 40 points. During the day, Garry's mother, Lorraine, and other members of the family kindly came to the Club and spent time with myself, the members and some of the Committee. A sad day of course but one which was blessed with good weather. Lorraine and dad David have also agreed to attend Presentation Night and present the Trophy to Colin. In the meantime, I know that our sincere best wishes go to all of Garry's family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home