Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Monday, May 01, 2006

James Curry Update
Prudhoe's James Curry made a solid start to his campaign in national competitions with a 14th place finish in the McEvoy Trophy at Copt Heath in Solihull. Having comfortably made the cut on 145, James added scores of 70 and 73 to finish on 288, 10 shots behind the winner Luke Goddard from Hendon who won by 4 shots. With a large number of ties amongst the higher placed finishers, James' score was in fact seventh best of the tournament.

With the aim of securing at least an England Boys cap this year, James has set himself a busy schedule for 2006 and played in the Lytham Trophy on May 6th. Rounds of 73 and 76 were not quite enough to make the 147 cut but once again, he finished ahead of top players such as Oliver Fisher and Gary Wolstenholme.

Other amateur 'majors' in which James hopes to play include the St Andrew's Links, British Amateur, Northern Boys, Carris Trophy, English Amatuer and the British Boys Championships.

In addition to these, James fully intends to represent his County and his Club as much as possible. A great example of this was James asking to be selected for the League team against Morpeth on June 1 despite the fact that he will have just played 36 holes at Alnmouth in the Under 18 NJGA Championship!

Without exception, everyone at Prudhoe wishes you great success this year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home