Hadrian League Past Captains Tournament - June 12
I have to confess that this posting is a little self indulgent as I'm pleased to say I finished second and won some wonderful Royal Doulton crystal ware. Last year, I was unable to play so this year's result is especially pleasing.
Equally important is that Prudhoe staged the tournament this year and well over 50 Past Captains attended. The weather was windy but warm and sunny and made our beautifully attended course very tricky for most competitors with only one player beating par.
A big thank you to George, Rachel and their teams for the first class course, food and service. I received compliments from just about every competitor.
The results were as follows:
Les Batey (Bellingham) - 38 points
Me (You Know Where) - 36 points
Ken Robson (You Know Where) - 35 points
Pete Clarke (Hexham) - 35 points
Richard Farrelly (Westerhope) - 35 points
I'm looking forward to next year when, hopefully, I can go one better and win the trophy at Bellingham.
I have to confess that this posting is a little self indulgent as I'm pleased to say I finished second and won some wonderful Royal Doulton crystal ware. Last year, I was unable to play so this year's result is especially pleasing.
Equally important is that Prudhoe staged the tournament this year and well over 50 Past Captains attended. The weather was windy but warm and sunny and made our beautifully attended course very tricky for most competitors with only one player beating par.
A big thank you to George, Rachel and their teams for the first class course, food and service. I received compliments from just about every competitor.
The results were as follows:
Les Batey (Bellingham) - 38 points
Me (You Know Where) - 36 points
Ken Robson (You Know Where) - 35 points
Pete Clarke (Hexham) - 35 points
Richard Farrelly (Westerhope) - 35 points
I'm looking forward to next year when, hopefully, I can go one better and win the trophy at Bellingham.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home