CAPTAIN'S DAY - 8 July - The Results...or as I prefer to call it, Members' Day! Did I have a good time? Well, I can only judge that by the feedback during and after and, on that basis, it was a 100% success. When so many members make the effort to tell me how much they enjoyed the day then I can only assume that the vast majority did.
A massive turnout of 235 members and guests played in the competition and enjoyed the new and traditional golfing challenges, the excellent food and drinks at the 9th, the Tombola, the discounted beer in the clubhouse, the highly entertaining Alan Snell and the presentation of prizes. The clubhouse was packed in the evening although, sadly, some of the prizewinners were very notable by their absence.
My adopted Charity for the year, the Great North Air Ambulance, will also be delighted as £252 was raised by the Tombola, £220 by the Par 3 Challenge on the 15th - regardless of concerns by some that I would lose money - and £29 on the Chipping and Putting Challenges.
The Prize Winners
Best Net
Paul Wilkin - 43 points
Paul Waggott - 40 points
Paul Butler - 40 points
Best Gross
Neil Graham - 36 points
Kevin Robson - 35 points
Juniors
Best Net - Graham Younger - 43 points
Best Net Over 24 Handicap - Alan Scrimshaw - 29 points from Laura Wilson (on back 6)
Past Captain
Alan Brown - 36 points
Veterans
Norman Gray - 34 points
Captain's Ladies Prize
Margaret Kennington
Longest Drive
9th Hole - 0-9 handicaps - Anthony Jackson
4th Hole - 10-18 handicaps - Craig Cheeseman
10th Hole - 19-28 handicaps - David Steele
Nearest The Pin
7th Hole - 7' 3" - Peter Gilmore
11th Hole - 2' - Keith Clifton
Chipping Challenge
Sean Fenwick
Putting Challenge
David Lloyd - the only winner
Guests
1st Net - Peter Lawson - Tyneside Captain
2nd Net - Paul Atkinson - Finance Director, Great North Air Ambulance
Best Lady - Kathleen Noble-Newton - Immediate Past Lady Captain, Prudhoe
2nd Last - Ken Kidman - Stocksfield Captain
1 Comments:
I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home