Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Captain’s Day – A Big Thank You!

No matter how carefully I planned, without the help of many people, Captain’s Day just wouldn’t be a success.

And judging by the many kind compliments I received, it certainly was!

So, for making the day very special for the members & guests, my sincere thanks to the following:

The Committee for their support before & during the day
Gordon & Ian for their considerable efforts as usual
The Past Captains for their wise advice & their time on the day
George Gainford & his team for our wonderful course
Jim Mulholland & his team for excellent food and service
John Crawford for his service & generous donations
David Coonie & Louise of Happy Days Catering – great job
Danny & his girl friend for looking after the 15th late in the day
Christine, our boys & Lorraine Holmes who worked tirelessly
The members & guests who donated so generously
And, of course, the “Main Man” for the good weather

But surely the biggest thanks must go to the 230 members & guests who supported Captain’s Day (or should that be Members’ Day?) for:

Their large & enthusiastic entry for the golf
Generously supporting the Great North Air Ambulance events below
Enjoying 231 burgers/hotdogs/baguettes & 180 beers…
…plus 65 bags of crisps, 43 choc bars & 65 soft drinks!
Packing the clubhouse in the evening ( apart from the missing prize winners!)

I’m also very pleased to tell you that the Tombola, The Par 3 Challenge on the 15th & the Chipping/Putting Challenges raised £500 for the Air Ambulance. What a result!

Close to 180 players entered the Par 3 Challenge and raising £220. Many thanks to those who re-donated their £3 back to the Charity.

And so, a really big thank you to everyone for everything!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home