Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

County Teams Championship - 1st Division - Blyth - 15 July
Because of the recent hot and dry weather, Blyth was playing very tricky with hard fairways and approaches but soft greens. So scoring contained slightly more than the usual element of luck as shown, maybe, by Chris McDonnell's two rounds of 65 and 76. Our team of James, Shaun and Kevin performed extremely well with scores of 69 + 69, 74 + 70 and 78 + 79 respectively to finish third, just 5 shots behind Morpeth and 2 shots behind the host club. Congratulations to James on winning the individual title in such a strong field.

On the matter of etiquette, a two ball playing behind three balls in hot dry conditions isn't the best recipe for good scoring. I trust Shaun and Kevin weren't too affected by the Bedlington players in their groups walking off in the second round. The Alnmouth players in those two groups shot 82 and 83 and narrowly avoided relegation. Furthermore, highly fancied Hexham and Bellingham were left as two balls the entire day because Newbiggin, as stated on the Northumberland County web site, "....disgraced themselves by failing to put a team forward at all." Hexham finished in the pack and Bellingham were relegated!

P.S. I'm lead to believe since writing the above that Hexham and Bellingham somehow organised themselves into 3 balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home