Association of Golf Club Secretaries
Northern Region Golf Day - 14 September
It was a pleasure to welcome nearly 40 hard working Secretaries to Prudhoe to compete for the Famous Grouse Trophy. And my grateful thanks to Regional Secretary, Alan Curtis, for inviting me to the presentation dinner. I am only sorry that the wet weather caused the competition to be cut to 11 holes.
For me it was great pleasure to meet, many for the first time, Secretaries from all over the region as well as the National Captain, David Paterson, from the West Midlands and Region Captain, Ed Stephenson, who is Secretary at Tyneside. We also welcomed representatives from Golf Central and Eagle Promotions.
It's interesting to note the increase in low handicap Secretaries such as Alastair Greenfield (Boldon) and Peter Simpson (Whitley Bay). There may well have been others and maybe there's a trend showing here?
The overall winner was Geoff Brown from my old club, Parklands, or Wideopen as I prefer to remember it. I'm very much looking forward to attending their presentation night in November and meeting a few (very) old friends - most of mine are!
I must admit that this was one of the jolliest visiting parties I have ever seen at Prudhoe. Club Secretaries do a wonderful job for their members and must be knowledgeable, organised and committed as well having the patience of Job! No wonder they have such a good time when the opportunity presents itself.
Thank you for bringing your event to Prudhoe and do come back again very soon.
Northern Region Golf Day - 14 September
It was a pleasure to welcome nearly 40 hard working Secretaries to Prudhoe to compete for the Famous Grouse Trophy. And my grateful thanks to Regional Secretary, Alan Curtis, for inviting me to the presentation dinner. I am only sorry that the wet weather caused the competition to be cut to 11 holes.
For me it was great pleasure to meet, many for the first time, Secretaries from all over the region as well as the National Captain, David Paterson, from the West Midlands and Region Captain, Ed Stephenson, who is Secretary at Tyneside. We also welcomed representatives from Golf Central and Eagle Promotions.
It's interesting to note the increase in low handicap Secretaries such as Alastair Greenfield (Boldon) and Peter Simpson (Whitley Bay). There may well have been others and maybe there's a trend showing here?
The overall winner was Geoff Brown from my old club, Parklands, or Wideopen as I prefer to remember it. I'm very much looking forward to attending their presentation night in November and meeting a few (very) old friends - most of mine are!
I must admit that this was one of the jolliest visiting parties I have ever seen at Prudhoe. Club Secretaries do a wonderful job for their members and must be knowledgeable, organised and committed as well having the patience of Job! No wonder they have such a good time when the opportunity presents itself.
Thank you for bringing your event to Prudhoe and do come back again very soon.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home