Captain's Log

Latest news and views from your Captain

Name:
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, United Kingdom

After many years in accounting & corporate finance, I became head of internal & external communications in a publicly quoted financial software business operating in the UK, USA and Australia. In 2001, after 13 years there, I branched out on my own to teach music and use my commercial writing & PR skills. Today, I give hundreds of music lessons a year to pupils ranging in age from 5 to 75. When I'm not teaching or playing music, I write for companies & the media, cook Italian food, study the Italian language, work with local schools and play golf at Prudhoe Golf Club - The Home of Champions.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Northumbria Junior Golf League
Liaison Officers Day - Prudhoe - 15 September
I very much appreciated being invited to attend and play in this annual event staged for two Liaison Officer representatives from each of the 18 Clubs in the League. Prudhoe were represented by Cath Jenkins and Geoff Ross.

Few would disagree that JLO's rank among the hardest working Club members and it is great that they have this opportunity to get together for some R&R.

I had the pleasure of playing with two great guys from Slaley, Steve Gray and Paul Shrimpton, who both played very well and helped me to score 41 points, one of my best scores since becoming Vice Captain nearly two years ago. Nice to see I can still shoot scores well into Category 1.

Although I did have the highest score and won the sweep, I couldn't win the trophy of course. However, as usual, I did mark the winner's card and congratulations to Paul on his great 39 points.

To make up for the loss of the sweep, Paul also won the Pairs Trophy which is decided by two cards being drawn at random.

After the golf, we all enjoyed a fine meal, some liquid refreshment and a chat - arguably the most important part of the day.

Again, my thanks to the NJGL and we all thank you and the JLO's for the tremendous job you all do on behalf of the Juniors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home